Having a constantly low cd4 count

Hello I have been on arv for close to four years now, I started treatment with a count of 32cells it rises slowly to 115 then it start going down again now it's on 67cells. Please what can I do to increase my count?

I am so sorry that your CD4 cells do not seem to have gone up as much as expected after 4 years. Here are ways to ensure best immune recovery:

1- Make sure your HIV viral load is undetectable. If not, talk to your doctor about switching you to a combination of HIV medications to which your virus has not developed resistance. Integrase inhibitors have shown superior efficacy in improving CD4 cells in many patients.

2- Make sure you take your HIV meds on time.

3- Have your doctor test you for sexually transmitted infections and other potential infections that may be affecting your immune reconstitution.

4-Make sure that you are nourishing yourself well with lean meats, fruits and vegetables and that your body weight is normal for your height.

5- Take medications to prevent opportunistic infections (Bactrim, Acyclovir, etc) as prescribed by your physician.

Without knowing more specifics about your case, these are the only suggestions I have. You may or may not be what we call an immunological non-responder.

Undetectable Is Not Always Enough: Immunologic Nonresponders Face Increased Risk of Illness, but Lack Therapeutic Options

Please send me a new post when you talk to your doctor about the suggestions I mentioned above. I hope something works!

Wishing you the best,

Nelson

I am desperate with this massive weight gain
Obtaining Prep with no prescription?