Are Intense Martial Arts Safe for People With HIV? (Editor's Pick)

Hello I hope all are well. I was diagnosed almost two years ago. I had a tcell count of 249 and I almost died due to complications that I was having. But now a 1 1/2 years later I'm 70 pounds heavier and can deal with myself to some degree. But there has been something that has been missing. I used to fight. I know I can't do it competitively but I miss the only form of exercise that I knew. Is there any way I can do some kind of martial art that would not completely compromise my health. I used to do Muay Thai, Jiu Jitsu and Aikido. What can I do now? I hate to sound weird by asking this question. I've been undetectable for over a year now and for the most part my body feels great. I'm just fat now. lol. I weigh 215 and this is the heaviest I've ever been. I'm only 30 years old. I miss doing what I love. The training was just incredible.

There is no reason for you not to start martial arts again. Go for it!

Being overweight can predispose people to heart disease and metabolic issues. This is particularly important in HIV.

Nelson

How to help my HIV+ aunt to gain weight
que horario es mejor para tomar mis medicamentos