neuropathy and exercise

Thank you for always answering my questions. God bless! I've been on various ARVs for 12 years. Zerit,Videx,Stocrin,Lamzid and Kaletra. As a result I suffered serious neuropathy. I used medication for this but did not help. I decided to change my life style. I exercise everyday in the morning. To my surprise my feet are no more painful. Is it because of exercise or the latest ARVs(Aluvia,Truvada)I take?

When I used to run the Body Positive Wellness Center in Houston, we used to see a lot of improvement in patients with neuropathy who started exercising. I wish we had documented that fact since there are no studies on the subject.

The fact that you are not on nerve toxic drugs anymore and your current exercise program are most likely helping. Increased blood flow and nerve activation caused by exercise may have regenerative qualities.

I am glad you are getting better.

Nelson

Facial wasting
Have been tested reactive.