Switching Meds.

Hi Nelson, HIV positive since 1989 I am 59 years old, after 20 years I started meds Truvada and Isentress For the pass 5 years my VL is undetectable. For pass three mouths I switch Complera with no problem but won't know my lab result tell next week. I recently was reading on this new one pill regimen Triumeq that's supposed to be better for older patients because it does not have the Tenofovir that affects your bones and kidneys. I was tested for HLA-B 5701 and could take this new med. Do you know of anyone taking Triumeq and is it easy to tolerate drug? I would like your advise or opinion on this new drug.

Triumeq is one pill per day that includes Tivicay (the latest integrase inhibitor) plus abacavir and epivir. It is a powerful drug against HIV. Since it it does not include tenofovir (Viread), it may be easier on the kidneys. It does not have the food requirements of Complera. You should not take calcium or magnesium containing supplements with it (wait at least 2 hours).

I assume that you have never taken an integrase inhibitor before and that your genotype shows no integrase mutations. If so, talk to your doctor about this drug especially if your eGFR (creatinine clearance) is approaching 70.

In health,

Nelson

Belly fat is out of control within the last two months
Swollen neck lymph nodes