Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Zero sexual desire, but Hormone levels ok - what next?
Aug 6, 2014

I'm married aged 35, with a 3 year old toddler. Ever since I had my child, I've suffered from discomfort during sex which eventually disappeared temporarily before seemingly coming back. I've now got to the point where I have absolutely no sexual desire at all. I don't think about it with my husband or anyone else at all. Sex itself is uncomfortable but I can orgasm through non penetrative sex - but when I do, the feeling is fleeting before I could just wander off and go and do something else. My GP tested my Testosterone and other levels and declared them ok. I'm not overweight but not physically active. I don't know what else to do - can you offer advice?

Response from Mr. Vergel

I am sorry that you have no sex drive. I am sure that having a 3 year old to take care of can make mothers tired. Fatigue is the number one factor that decreases sex drive.

I am sending you a few articles that I would like for you to read and then send me questions. I hope that is OK. The Use of Testosterone Replacement in Women - Is it Worth it and Safe?

Treatments that may increase sex drive in women

Hormone Replacement Therapy in Women

Your Libido Postpartum: Lost That Loving Feeling?

I am sure you will have a few questions after digesting this information, so please do not hesitate to post them here!. I love this subject matter.

Nelson

Previous
Stable supply of Ibalizumab
Next
Memory loss

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.