LCHF

Hi Nelson,

thanks for all the good work you do here on the body.

I would like to start a LCHF (low carb high fat) diet to get rid of some of my belly fat. I am HIV+ and on Complera. My CD4 cell count is 680, CD4% is 34 and my VL undetectable.

Is a LCHF diet safe for me?

Greetings from Japan

Yes, a low carb-high fat and protein diet is safe for those taking Complera. This medication requires to be taken with a meal containing fat.

Low-carb, high fat diets like Atkin's have been shown to decrease fat and lipids faster than high carbohydrate diets. However, they are difficult to sustain and there is a risk of not consuming enough fiber and vitamins. There is also a lot of water loss at the start of the diet due to ketosis in the body. Some people feel very tired in this ketosis state.

Comparison of 3 common diets

High-glycemic carbohydrate intake (carbohydrates that cause a high increase in blood insulin levels)increase fat storage (lipogenesis), accelerate atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), and promote the glycosylation of proteins (when carbohydrates stick to proteins hindering the production and utilization of hormones,muscle building and repair, and immune function). This ultimately leads to accelerated again and poor health.

A nutritional program designed to keep blood sugar low is crucial for the management of insulin. Implementing a diet in which food intake consists of low glycemic carbohydrates helps the body burn fat (lipolysis), reduces atherosclerosis and decelerates the aging process.

In addition, by consistently eating a diet high in phytonutrients (plant nutrients), essential fats, lean protein and fiber we can provide our body with all the tools it needs to fight off foreign invaders, repair tissues and maintain a state of optimal health.

These are my two most popular nutrition articles on the subject:

Outsmarting HIV With Healthy Eating

Nelson's Top 10 Tricks for Fat Loss

I hope these tips help! Good luck and let us know your progress.

In health,

Nelson Vergel

Tu salud!
oxandrolone and caffine