Stiffness, exercise and HIV

Hi Nelson, Do you know of any reports or research on increased muscle stiffness because of HIV? I have been positive for 15 plus years but diagnosed just over a year ago with a very low (less than 20) CD4 count. So in addition to ART, I am also on prophylactic antibiotics. Since diagnosis I have paid much more attention to overall health and been alternating swimming and running (well jogging) daily as well as some resistance training. I had a long history in sports, running competitively through college and past as well as coaching, so it's not overtraining. However in the last month plus, I am been unbearably sore and stiff with back spasms. I know age plays part of the issue, but was just wondering about HIV or meds, and at what point do I raise it with the doc?

I am sorry to hear you feel stiffness. Be sure that you are not overtraining and that your CPK is normal. This is a test you have to request since it is not part of the standard test panel that doctors usually run.

What is CPK?

I hope you get some relief soon.

Complera and my liver
What is gonna be my future?