cant seem to build muscle

I am 56 years old and have been HIV+ for 30 years. I have been seeing a personal trainer for 6 months three times a week. I am on Truvada, Norvir, Reyataz and Androgel for 8 years. I have protein before and after workouts. I just had my labs done and my triglycerides are at 496. My problem is that i have not built hardly any muscle. My trainer says i should have been ten pounds or more by now. Nothing. Do you have any suggestions? Change my HIV meds maybe?

The high triglycerides (I am assuming taken in a fasted state) tell me that you are having metabolic issues. Are you on protease inhibitors, Sustiva or eating a lot of processed sugary carbs? Triglycerides are basically the food to fat cells.

I know you are on Androgel, but is your dose sufficient to keep your total testosterone over 500 ng/dL?

I would suggest you watch some of my videos on nutrition and exercise. Let me know if anything you see here makes sense to you (I never get feedback from people).

Nelson's health videos

Nelson

diarrhea
Age Excersise and Stribild