HIV functional cure within 5-10 years

It is awe inspiring to hear from Robert Gallo, one of the co-founders of HIV virus, that a functional cure for HIV is doable within 5-10 years from now.

Nevertheless, despite all this progress, will the negative stigmatisation of HIV sufferers stop with the advent of the functional cure? Or will it continue to haunt us forever?

I hope efforts will be done to alleviate this fear of HIV lingering in the majority community. What do u think ?

There is a lot going on in the field of HIV Cure research. No one can predict when we will have a functional or sterilizing cure. I would not be surprised if we have something within the next 15 years that may or may not be affordable for health care systems.

You may want to read this latest reply I wrote on the subject: What can I do to help HIV Cure research?

I certainly hope HIV stigma is no longer an issue when we get cured!

Nelson

Trimix
Arthritis and a. i .d s