The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

May 5, 2014

Thanks for your response

My partner goes to the VA so we will ask about this issue there. I did check on the cost of Trimix and found that it was about $30 per dose, but maybe I was looking at the wrong pharmacy. Also, they offered a gel that was something like Muse, in that it was "injected" in the urethra. Do you know anything about these products? That would certainly be preferable to a needle, and would solve the coumidin issue. I suspect that even if the docs didn't reject it, my partner would due to easier bruising.

At present we use Viagra that he gets from the VA (4 pills a month), or "Viagra" from online pharmacies. I would rather not use the latter. I used to be able to get Levitra from the Whitman Walker Clinic here in DC. For some reason, every September the price would drop to about 30 cents a pill - I think something to do with their nonprofit status. But they cut me off, saying that I wasn't going there for my regular primary care. So we are looking for other options.

Thanks again for your help.

Response from Mr. Vergel

Muse is effective but not as much as Trimix for erectile function. However, it may be more beneficial for your partner since it is not an injectable. It may take some getting used to, though.

Muse Video

For your own case, you can get 5 mls of Trimix (which would be good for 35 erections) for about $80 at compounding pharmacies like or You would need a prescription from a doctor. The starting dose is 0.12 mls.

Trimix Video

Trimix info

I hope this helps!


Bloating and Constipation: Side effects of Coffee
HIV functional cure within 5-10 years

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint