Epzicom treatment question

Hey doc! My question is wether or not epzicom is a good fit for me? I'm with a brand new doc only 4 weeks together, in a brand new city. He has very little past treatment pt paperwork to go from.....I have had hiv since 2004, and I have been tested for resistance twice and found to be resistant to travada and stativa.....I just got out of the hospital also after a week stay for a sever itchy rash and swelling all over, at that time I was not on epzicom and they could not pinpoint the problem with me other than hiv....my cd4 is 227...I was just told my kidney's are not doing great either >70. Should be 90 or higher from cbw. With this in mind do think epzicom is the best treatment for me at this time and if not what might be a better alternative and easier on my kidneys and body....I'm very hypersenative to a lot of meds.....especially sulfur! I was hospitalized for a week in the past because of meds with sulfur in it......hope to hear back from you soon.....thanks!

You have to ask your doctor to run this test on you to see if you will be able to tolerate abacavir, one of the components of Epzicom.

HLA-B*5701 testing to predict abacavir hypersensitivity

If your test turns out to be positive for the HLA-B*5707 allele, then you should talk to your doctor about a nucleoside free regimen like raltegravir + darunavir or raltegravir + atazanavir. He/she will have to run a genotype resistance test to see what your HIV has developed resistance to and chose the proper regimen.

Hang in there and take your pills on time so that you do not develop resistance to your new regimen.

Nelson

Nandrolone
Trimex Injection or Trimex Gel