is it possible?

Im 32 I have been living with HIV for 9 year I never treated it for 7 year because I was in dinial. I tested again 2years back and I decided to start treatment and after a year I stopped the treatment and I started dating a guy that we were not using condoms for 7 months. I went to the doctor to check on my CD4 count it was 431 and viral load was 2500, the new boyfriend refused to go and test instead he bought a home test of which it came negative now I want you to tell me if is that possible to not be infected when my viral load is 2500, because he only showed me the sample after 2days but he didnt want me to be there when he was taking the test. please let me know if its true or he might be in dinial

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there It is certainly possible that your boyfriend is not currently infected with HIV. If indeed that is the case, you should not however assume that if you keep having unprotected sex that he will not become infected. For your own health and to protect him, being on Antiretroviral therapy is strongly encouraged. Take care, Dr. W

Starting testosterone next week. What should I expect?
COMPOUND TESTOSTERONE