Intermittent Fasting

Hi Nelson, What is the current school of thought regarding intermittent fasting in HIV positive individuals. I have a CD count greater than 540, and undetectable viral load. The procedure I have been using is going to sleep at about 10pm, and then only eating after midday the following day. I only do this three times a week. Of course I ensure I stay well hydrated when fasting.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and one that should not be skipped. A few studies show that those who miss breakfast tend to gain more weight since they tend to over eat later in the day. Also, not feeding your body after sleeping for 8 hours can actually slow down your metabolism.

The fasting movements attempts to lower insulin levels with the hope of longer life spams. That has not been proven to work in humans.

Your breakfast should include protein (eggs, yogurt, nuts, meat), and good carbohydrates with fiber (berries with oatmeal,etc). Try to avoid sugary cereals and processed flour products.

In health,

Nelson

HELP! I missed 1 dose of my ARV!
Starting testosterone next week. What should I expect?