What supplements should I avoid while on prezista norvir and truvada

I was going to look into some energy supplements as well as b complex and some things my question is what should I avoid while taking these meds

You should avoid supplements that may load up your liver/kidneys and/or have negative interactions with HIV medications.

B vitamins and caffeine based energy products does not have negative interactions with your regimen. However, be careful with increased heart rate with energy drinks since they have been linked to heart issues.

Creatine can be used for it is important to monitor your creatinine clearance to ensure it is not loading up your kidneys in the presence of tenofovir (part of Truvada), a drug known to decrease creatinine clearance. Creatine and HIV

Here are some more supplements to avoid: Supplements to avoid while on HIV Medications

We have limited to no data on other supplements. The pharmaceutical industry has not taken me up on my old proposal of performing interaction studies on supplements.

COMPLEMENTARY THERAPY USE IN HIV-POSITIVE PEOPLE: AN ONLINE COMMUNITY SURVEY

I am sorry for the limited details of this answer. It has been very frustrating for me as an expert of this column to educate HIV+ patients with so little data on the subject of interactions of supplements with HIV antiretrovirals.

Nelson's Supplement Video

In health,

Nelson Vergel

SUPLEMENTOS ALIMENTICIOS
Best Foods For HIV