Additional supplements

Hello, I have been HIV since 1986 and on Meds for the past 7 yrs and on Truvada and Viramune which I take in the morning. I am also on Rosuvastatin Calcium 10 mg daily. Recently I added the following to my daily intake vita D3 1000mg, Vita C 500mg , triple strength Omega 3 900mg , B100 Complex. Now I am thinking to add the following, Vita A, multi Enzyme "hi-potency" and Kyo-dophilus 1.5billion Cells. Am I over doing my supplement intake? Are any of these going to interact with my meds? I seem to be sitting at >40 and a CD4 count around 300 on average. Any thoughts?

You have done your research.

The list you provided is the most sensible and one with some data that hints to benefits.

I would not add Vit A, however. It is the only one that can be liver toxic if taken at larger doses and most of us get enough in our diets.

All of us on Truvada need to keep an eye on our creatinine and creatinine clearance when taking supplements since some may slow down kidney function. The ones you listed have not shown problems so far.

Making sense of supplements

Stay healthy!

Nelson

Office work and always getting sick
paraje cero discordante y embarazo