Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

side effects of HIV meds
Mar 11, 2014

Dear Doc,

I'm taking Tenvir and Stocrin which I noticed are not listed on this site as HIV meds. What are the side effects? I experience itching, stiffness of fingers and knee joints, numbness on the soles of my feet. My CD4 count has increased from 29 to 359 in 6 months; my viral load has decreased from over a million to a few hundred only.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Vincent

Response from Mr. Vergel

Stocrin is efavirenz (lots of info on TheBody.com)

Stotcrin (efavirenz- Sustiva) side effects

Your side effect are not the most common with this drug but we are all so different in the way we respond to medications. I am glad to hear your viral load is going down. Just make sure that it is under 50 copies/ml at least by month 6 otherwise talk to your doctor.

Nelson

Previous
Sustanon 250, trembolene 200 with hiv medication.
Next
Office work and always getting sick

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.