Nucleomaxx has mysteriously disappeared?

Years ago I tried a supplement called Nucleomaxx for facial wasting; the results from using it for 1 weekend just blew me away; my face plumped up literally overnight & it continued to plump for a little while after that; it was a shocking but great experience. It sort of tasted like poison though & it broke the bank. It doesn't seem to be around at all anymore; maybe they took the money & ran. Anyways, there are a few other supplements around with uridine in them; Jarrow Formulas, for example. Are they worthwhile to try? I suspect that Nucleomaxx may have temporarily helped with other health issues that I was dealing with having to do with mitochondrial liver function and mitochondrial fatigue resulting from taking meds for a long time.

Nucleomaxx is no longer available. It was derived from sugar cane extract and was shown in small studies to reverse lipoatrophy caused by the old drugs Zerit and AZT. Its high sugar content dramatically increased triglycerides in people using it. It showed good results in reversing fat loss under the skin but it was expensive, taste awful and the company was not very smart by not facilitating its access via HIV Buyers Clubs.

More information on Uridine (Nucleomaxx) here: Can Uridine Supplements Protect People With HIV/AIDS From Drug Toxicity?

Another uridine rich source is brewer's yeast. 5- 10 grams per day may provide enough uridine to mimic the effects of Nucleomaxx but that is only a speculation not proven by studies.

Another drug studied to reverse lipoatrophy is the antidiabetes drug Avandia. However, it not only increases subcutaneous fat but also belly (visceral) fat. More info here:

Can Glitazones Reverse Lipoatrophy?

And last but not least, facial injections with Sculptra or Artefill are still used but at a high cost (Medicare pays little):

Nelson's Facial Wasting Website

I hope this information helps! There is a lot of detailed information on lipoatrophy in this site.

Facial Wasting at TheBody.com

In health,

Nelson Vergel www.excelmale.com

Can I eat after taking my ARVs?
Sustanon 250, trembolene 200 with hiv medication.