Can I eat after taking my ARVs?

Hi, I have been taking ARVs for around 2 mos. now. I have been taking my medicine at 10pm and was advised to take it atleast 2 hours after meals. I am taking the 4-in-1 ARV capsule composed of Lamivudine, Tenofovir and Efavirenz. I usually get hungry at night when I take my dinner at 7 or 8pm. I would like to ask if it is okay to eat after taking my ARV at 10pm?

Food will increase blood levels of efavirenz, so at least your virus control will not be negatively affected. However, you may have more active dreams when you sleep if you take that medication with food. Some people do not seem to be bothered as much by the central nervous system effects of efavirenz even when they take it with meals. So, try it out and see if you wake up a lot more tired (which could mean less restful sleep due to more dream activity).

Nelson

Could antibiotic delay the window period?
Nucleomaxx has mysteriously disappeared?