How can I gain weight whilst on Atripla?

I have been 45kgs since I have been 17yrs old, I have had two boys who are 13 & 12yrs old prior to me being positive. I am still 45kgs 9years after being diagnosed positive. I only had to start meds in 2009 February and my labs are 1328CD4 and Viral Load undetectable. but struggling to gain weight. I am 1.69metres tall, how can I gain healthy? I drink two glasses of wine with my dinner daily which I enjoy.

Is there any reason beyond cosmetic issues that compel you to want to gain weight? It seems that HIV has not been the cause of your low weight and that you have been thin for most of your life.

If you are a person who has a very active life, you will require calorie dense and healthy foods to gain weight. For some people with genetic predisposition to burning up a lot of calories, gaining weight may be a difficult task.

You may want to read the following article to get ideas on how to eat frequently and healthy: Outsmarting HIV with Healthy Eating

In health,

Nelson

stribild- late dose
cd4 and viral load