Food tolerance

Hi Nelson, since being on HIV Meds (3 years ralegravir + truvada) with undetectable VL and CD5s above 500, I have noticed increasing food intolerance to certain fruits. This includes apples, pears and stone fruit (unless fully ripe and soft). Also, I have no appetite for heavy traditional meals (like roast turkey and vegetables for example). I just want simple Mediteranean or even Japanese food. WHilst my diet is better than it is ever been and I am well otherwise, i wondered if this has been noted in others on this regime? Thank you

There has not been any reported food intolerance with raltegravir plus Truvada. However, some of us who have taken that combo experience gas and bloating for the first 1-3 months(it has gotten better for all of us after that period). That issue was picked up in early studies before the company deleted it as a side effect in data published after their phase 3 studies with raltegravir. This is probably the best drug in HIV and, along with maraviroc and epivir or emtriva, known to have the lowest toxicity of all HIV medications. What most people do not mention is that raltegravir has also been shown to penetrate the HIV reservoirs better than any other drug (we are awaiting to see probably similar results with dolutegravir and possibly with Stribld)

Nelson

Rooibos benefits
Which Diet Pill is Safe with Stribild?