Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

adding milk thistle and dandelion to regimen
Jan 14, 2014

Hi there,

I am currently on truvada, AZT and Kaletra. I have uterine fibroids and I wanted to take some alternative therapy to see if they can shrink before opting for surgery. I am considering milk thistle and dandelion but would want your opinion on this before I start. Are there any risks in adding this to my regimen? I am 45 years old and might be hitting menopause soon so why have surgery now if I can get something to shrink these fibroids. Your advise is highly appreciated. Thanks

Response from Mr. Vergel

Those two herbal products have not been proven to do much for your condition. There is no data on potential interactions between dandelion and HIV medications. I would not waste my time, money and risk potential interactions if I was you.

Good luck with your surgery. We do not have many postings on uterine fibroids so please feel free to update us on your learning path.

Nelson

Previous
Compounded testosterone pharmacies
Next
taking stocrin in addition to viramune and truvada

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.