what to do next?

hey doc,i am 22yrs old in cameroon,i was diagnosed last year in April and i have done nothing about it,it is not a difficult situation esply as im in a less developed country,i finally decided to do my cd4 so that i can start treament or not and the doc told me if it was below 350 before ill be on drugs n ill just have to come for check up,i want to know if when diagnosed i should start taking meds even if its above 350, and also the doc told me that if i take it when its above 350 it might couse an effect and boost the spread,also i want to know how possible i can have kids because its posing a problem for my relationship and i need a way forward,ill be going for my cd4 count tomorrow,i want to have a better life n its not known by my family,i dont want to lose my man,please can i get help before going to see a doctor cus here we donot have specailist on hiv/Aids,so i need support n assistance....thanks very much hoping to read from you and wish you can guide me

Starting HIV medications at levels above 350 cells/ml does not "spread the virus" or "increase side effects" as that doctor told you. He may want to discourage you since your medication program in Cameroon may be restricted to people who have less than 350 cells/ml.

Taking HIV medications and bringing your HIV viral load down to undetectable can make it possible for you to have healthy babies and also minimize the risks of infecting your man. There is no reason why you should give up on your relationship and your desire to have children at all. Do not let anyone convince you otherwise.

Let me know what you find out after your CD4 cell and HIV viral load tests. I am here to help even if it is in a limited way from far away. You are not alone!

In health,

Nelson

low viral load
The status of TMB-355