HIV Runner Looking for other Antiviral Options

Hello Everyone! I am a 47 male runner STILL competing and racing road races and cross country events around the world. Having been an all american in the 10,000 meters in college, I still enjoy the competition and challenge of racing at this older age. I was diagnosed POSITIVE 4 years ago and one year after started antivirals. Currently I am on 3TC and Stochrin. I am handling fairly well the meds but they have changed my blood composition...giving me a slight anemia and causing some effects like shortness of breath and tiredness and loss of libido. Are there any other options of antivirals that I could consider that might work better for someone who is fairly dedicated to running and competing? I currently take multivits, Vitamin b12 and a shot of wheat grass juice daily. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Stocrin is efavirenz, a commonly used non nucleoside analog used as first line treatment. It is known as Sustiva in the United States, so this tells me you live in another country where options may not be as widely available, so take that into consideration when you read this post.

Efavirenz is known to cause central nervous system side effects that affect sleep quality which can lead to fatigue and "mental fogginess" as some people in the community call it. It can also increase LDL and HDL cholesterol. Fatigue can decrease libido and your aerobic capacity.

I am sure you failed to mention another drug in your regimen. Stocrin is usually prescribed with 3TC and tenofovir or abacavir. Stocrit plus 3TC can lead to treatment failure.

There are several new drugs used in first line treatment that do you have these side effects. Talk to your doctor about raltegravir, rilpivirine, elvitegravir, and others. Depending on your country you may have access to just a few of them: First-Line HIV Medications

Good luck and keep taking care of yourself. Your supplement list is reasonable.

In Health,

Nelson

androgel con estanozolol
bloqueadores de estrogenos naturales