outside exercise, cold weather, low CD4 and cold

In the spring I was diagnosed with HIV with a CD4 of less than 20. All summer and into the fall I have been slowly building my strength back up via exercise, walking and some interval running, and diet and now I am generally feeling pretty good. But now have my first cold and sore throat of the season and since diagnosis. Plus the weather in the mornings has rapidly dropped into the 30s. CD4 is still under 100, so I am wondering is there a point at which its better to hold back with the exercise or do I just go with how I feel?

I am glad you are on your way to recover. As long as you are taking your HIV medications on time, your viral load is controlled, and your doctor approves, you should not hold back on exercise. Also, I hope you are taking medications like Bactrim to prevent PCP pneumonia while your CD4 cells raise. Your physician can review medications needed for the prevention of opportunistic infections.

Stay warm!

Nelson

Lumbar disc herniation and meds
Neuropathy in the feet