Grapefruit and Rilpivirine

I take a combination of TDF, 3TC, with Edurant.Is there any known information about Drug interaction (rilpivirine)and grapefruit or grapefruit juice?

Grapefruit is probably the most listed fruit in interaction tables for most medications.

I would like for everyone to be aware of the wonderful tools provided by the folks of HIV-druginteractions.org

In this page, you can select the type of HIV drug that you want to review for interactions:HIV Drug interactions tables to print for your doctor

For non nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors like rilpivirine, this is the table: NNRTI interactions

On the last page you can see grapefruit juice (8th item from the top, left). No interactions are predicted.

You can also check for any interactions with other drugs. However, the table lacks a lot more commonly used supplements used in HIV. I have been advocating for years for more interaction studies of supplements but funding for them is limited.

COMPLEMENTARY THERAPY USE IN HIV-POSITIVE PEOPLE: AN ONLINE COMMUNITY SURVEY

Nelson Vergel

2
Oxandrolone / Nandrolone male 34yo