2

hi doctor i'm so devastating i'm a single mom 2 kids i'm 36 years old 17 years positive 3months on efaverince,attazanavir,retonofir and tenovifer.in this 3 months i've been losing fat on my arms and legs my weight is 47kg at the moment have you any suggestions how i can gain weight on these parts of my body please please i'm begging you.+my eyes are sooo yellow please is there anything i can use,my doctor keep on saying there is nothing they can do i have to live with,this meds actually gave me a undectectable viral loud.i will appreciate it if you can help me thank you,thank you

It is very strange to me that you are taking Efavirenz with boosted atazanavir and tenofovir. I am not sure if you reside in the United States but that regimen is not common or even advisable. It may increase problems related to lipids and high bilirubin (thus, your yellow eyes).

Only 8-12 percent of people taking a tenofovir containing regimen experienced mild loss of fat under the skin in extremities. I am not sure if you belong to that small group.

Please talk to your doctor about the fact that your eyes are yellow and that you may want to switch to another regimen (example, Isentress plus Truvada) to improve your side effect. Ensure that your discussion goes into detail about any resistance mutations your virus may have that could limit the choice of drugs to switch to.

Hang in there and keep me informed.

Nelson

Swelled cheeks
Grapefruit and Rilpivirine