Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Tanox in East Texas
Oct 9, 2013

Hello Nelson...I've spoken with you via Internet for a while now and I believe that you have a good insite on a certain non-FDA approved medicine Tanox-355....I'm still taking this IV drug (2x a month) and still still UNdetectable...Thank God! As of 10-9-2013 do you have any update pros or cons re: this Drug? As I understand the "Pharm Company" is "making more" of this. Thanks, Nelson in advance for your imput. (note my coctail contains Norvie, Aptivus, Isentress and Tanox) SIGNED - Texas!

Response from Mr. Vergel

I am concerned about this drug since the company is yet to find a sponsor. It may stay in limbo for a while. 35 of us around the country are taking it as part of an extension/compassionate access of a phase 2 study. The company is studying a version of the drug that is injected under the skin and they are aiming for once a month dosing so that it can be used for the upcoming once a month integrase and non nucleoside injections being studied right now by ViiV.

Stay tuned. I am a watchdog for us!

Nelson

Previous
PEP medication and hiv testing
Next
Vaccine

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.