Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

newly diagnosed, dreams shattered
Sep 25, 2013

hi nelson, i am newly diagnosed. cd4 more than 400. going to start atripla. nelson, i am from india and i had a dream to do phd in usa which may take 5 years. now my dream is shattered into pieces. i dont know how long i am going to live and how long atripla is going to work for me before it fails due to resistance. also, a country like usa will definitely do an HIV test before visa and definitely they will throw me out. i am depressed nelson. can i live a healthy normal span of life? can i still dream to do a phd in usa with HIV? do they really test for HIV before visa? or they simply skip the test nowadays for visa processing? thanks nelson.

Response from Mr. Vergel

They no longer test you for HIV to come and live in the United States. Atripla works pretty well in most patients and you will be able to live to realize all your dreams. Try to relax and get support and do not let HIV rob you of your dreams. Some people use HIV as an excuse to stop planning for the future. If you have drug access, I would not allow HIV to get in the way!

Nelson

Previous
Medicare benifits
Next
price of testim

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.