interaction - exemestane

I`m using atripla for two years, without any problem. I recently went to a doctor and he prescripted some substance and exemestane for a better working out. I read in the internet that exemestane is not good to take together with atripla. I`m afraid of any interaction or if can disturb my HIV treatment. Is it safe to take exemestane (8mg, 3 times daily)?

That is an aromatase inhibitor.

It increases testosterone by shutting off estradiol production and feed back mechanism in our hormonal axis. But decreasing estradiol can accelerate bone loss. We have bone loss issues in HIV.

A study performed to see if the testosterone boost caused by aromatase inhibitors made men feel better found that there was no improvement in men's quality of life. I would not take that medication and would question any physician that gives an HIV positive man an aromatase inhibitor to boost testosterone. If you need testosterone due to low levels, then get on testosterone replacement using gels or injections. Talk to your doctor about this.

Somatic and psychological effects of low-dose aromatase inhibition in men with obesity-related hypogonadotropic hypotestosteronemia

Aromatase Activity and Bone Homeostasis in Men

Nelson

Gaining weight
hola nelson