Should I try Testosterone Therapy?

I am 33 going on 34 and been positive for almost 16 years, My HIV went uncheck for a long period of time when I was able to get back to a doctor and start meds my CD4 was in the double digits and viral load was very high. I have been on Atripla for 3 years now. Last March I was always tired, mood swings and very irritable I asked my current doctor to check my testosterone and my test came back at total was 368ng/dl free 92.0 ng/dl and he told me that it was normal, so I tried to continue my life with the issues. A few weeks ago my shins started hurting if I was walking the mall or standing to long, low sex drive, muscle recover takes days even little things like playing a game of darts with friends my right arm would be sore for 2-3 days after and if I get an erection I need to keep playing with it to keep it hard others wise I am soft with the snap of a finger and my ejaculations to me seem to be getting smaller. I had another testosterone test done and I am at 439 ng/dl total and 100.7 pg/ml free. I have an appointment to go over them with my new doctor next week but worried he will say they are normal and not to worry about it.

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling bad.

The main mistake doctors make when trying to diagnose testosterone deficiency (hypogonadism) is not performing a complete hormonal panel that includes: estradiol, DHT, thyroid function, DHEA and chemistries. High estradiol, low thyroid function, low DHT, low DHEA can all cause energy and erectile issues.

Some doctors prescribe testosterone to HIV+ men who have all symptoms of hypogonadism (via this questionnaire: ADAM Questionnaire )

Let me know how your doctor's visit goes. I know many doctors around the country that are up to speed on men's health.

Nelson

regarding wasting in the buttocks
Gaining weight