Wrong information on testosterone.

I started on treatment about a year ago with a very low CD4 count. I was put on Bactrim, Azirhormicyn, and Atripla. At the time, my doctor also suggested Androgel because my testosterone was somewhat low (I didn't think to get the number). My doctor was very casual about it, and said I could stop using it anytime I wanted to. At the time, I thought it was something that might help with my energy levels and sex drive - and I thought if it didn't help, I could just quit using it. Now I understand that my body has probably stopped producing testosterone because of using the product. It has improved my energy level a bit, but not improved my sex drive. She never told me that it was a life-time commitment. Is there any way to slowly wean your body from having to use Androgel once you have started? I'm 40 years old, and have a hard time imagining having to use it every day for the rest of my life.

Before you give up, ensure that your blood level of testosterone (total and free) are adequate with the Androgel dose you are using. Everyone responds differently to testosterone replacement therapy (TR). The Androgel pump can help adjust the dose according to your blood level after at least week 8. Some men try increasing gel dose and, if this fails, switch to injections before deciding that TRT is not for them. Most men give up before trying. Most Men on Androgel and Testim Stop Using Them

Total testosterone above the middle of the range (500 ng/dL) are usually needed for men to feel sex drive benefits of TRT.

Most physicians just tell you to stop testosterone replacement cold turkey when you say you want to discontinue TRT. It is widely known that using testosterone replacement shuts down our hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular axis (HPTA) because we are getting testosterone from an outside source. If stopped, this axis will remain dormant for a few weeks. Symptoms of low testosterone will reappear. Some men have T levels that go back to baseline, some others do not.

There is no enough research of how to best approach cessation of testosterone replacement. There is no way to predict how long it takes for the HPTA to go back to baseline. There is also no published controlled data on the use of any protocols to accelerate the return to baseline for the HPTA.

I summarized one of the approaches used in long term testosterone or anabolic users: How to Stop Testosterone Safely and Possibly Reset Your Hormonal Axis

Let me know how things go for you, please.

In health,

Nelson

Polycythemia
inhibidores naturales de DHT