Steve's Bloating

Hi Nelson - I HAD to respond to Steve's letter. I was EXACTLY in the same boat as Steve up until 3 months ago (I'm 52 and HIV+ for 15 years). I used to bloat by 6pm and literally looked as if I were 12 months pregnant!! I did exactly everything Steve had done. After 2 Doctors and 4 Specialists I found a fantastic GI specialist in NYC (Dr Myron Goldberg). It turned out I was EXTREMELY lactose intolerant. I was eating Greek Yogurt thinking it was helping! I would eat hard aged cheeses (it takes 10 oz of milk to make 1 ounce of Cheese!!!). All the probiotics I was taking were the wrong ones (ALIGN and CULTUERELLE are the only two worth taking). The reaction time from ingestion to bloating was 9 hours - nearly impossible to correlate a cause and effect. I would encourage Steve to have a Lactose Intolerance test done which measures the hydrogen in your breath 1 hour after drinking 12 ounces of milk. I just had to say something - I read Steve's note and ALL the pain and misery that I went through for 2 years all came back like a brick hitting me in the head. I hid in my house for almost a year because I was so bloated by dinner time. Please pass this on to Steve - if he lives in the NYC area I would highly recommend Dr Myron Goldberg on East 59th Street - he is associated with Lenox Hill Hospital and his claim to fame is being able to diagnose problems where other specialist are unable to. I hope Steve find's relief.... Best Regards, Kevin

Excellent point. I am posting this for all to know

I am also lactose intolerant but luckily real Greek yogurt and aged (yellow) cheese do not affect me. In fact, my stools are better. If I drink even a third of a glass of milk (even lactaid milk), I suffer for two days!

Nelson

Number of people cured
Loss of weight