morning or night workout?

hi nelson, i have a hard time getting up in the morning and usually run late, so i end up working out in the evening. but i've read that morning exercise can be better for you. what do you think? is it better to work out in the morning or night? thanks!

Exercise is best when your energy is at its highest. Some people get too stimulated if they exercise late during the day and have trouble falling asleep, so keep that in mind. I think our sleep habits dictate whether or not we are morning or night people. Those of us who like to stay up later tend to impair our functioning in the morning. We then exercise late in the day and feed the vicious cycle of late bedtime.

I usually exercise after 6 pm since I am not a morning person. If I am not relaxed by 10 pm, then I take a melatonin+magnesium supplement to start getting ready for bed time. It is usually better for us to follow the cycle of sunlight to keep healthy circadian rhythm.

Some research points out that exercising when your body temperature is at its highest is best, usually in afternoon hours. But many people perform better during the day if they exercise before work in the morning. Some tell me that it is best for them to get exercise out of the way before their work day starts. I envy them.

We are all different and what really matters is finding an exercise time and routine that will ensure that we adhere to it.

Nelson

Exercise that doesn't make me ill
19 years HIV, general health great BUT