Exercise that doesn't make me ill

Nelson, I am a 6' 200 lb. 49 y/o male who has been HIV positive for 20 years. My "good" cholesterol is consistently/dangerously low to the point of almost non-existent. I have been told by doctors that the only way to reverse this is through intensifying my exercise regimen. I have attempted exercise regimens (cardio and weights) many times throughout my life; both on my own and with trainers. The result has always been the same. After working out, I am sick for hours and suffer depression for days. After 10 to 15 minutes of exercise, I become nauseous, often vomiting violently, and I get joint pain, shivers and cold sweats. I have pushed through, even working out regularly for 6 days per week for 9 months at one point but, it has never improved. My cholesterol levels improved, but I was sick as a dog everyday. I always hear about people have a "great workout" or feeling "so good" after exercising and it astounds me. I would really like to find a way to exercise without feeling like I have the flu afterwards. Any suggestions?

Your symptoms are extremely strange to me. I assume you have undetectable viral load and otherwise healthy.

It would be good to talk to your doctor about measuring your CPK blood levels. High CPK can cause fatigue, muscle aches, etc. I would also get tested for STDs just in case.

High CPK

Please let me know what you find out.

Nelson

Saludos !!
morning or night workout?