Follow Up On Response

Thank you so much for your response to my question regarding my T-levels (sent in on June 14, 2013). Knowing the other data you required to best answer my concerns is greatly helpful and I am happy to provide it.

I am 25 year old Caucasian male, upon my diagnosis in March i was at 117 - to date I stand at 135-137 but am working on gaining more (light cardio, high rep resistance training with breaks in between). I am a former smoker and haven't touched the stuff for the past three months and have no desire or willingness to do so again. Every AM i take a centrum multivitamin with my morning dose, each work out followed by a weigh protein shake and a whey/casein shake before bed. I get the full 8 hours of required sleep religiously and stick to a high protein, good carb diet with the right doses of the food pyramid to fill it in. I'm avoiding supplements and trying to stick to a healthy diet and lifestyle in hopes i see desired results. I know it is a long term process but given this information - would you say my testosterone levels i provided in my previous question are non worrisome? Hope that helps and thanks again.

I say keep doing what you are doing and allow for your immune system to improve. Your testosterone was close to the mid point of the range. And we have data that indicates that testosterone may increase when the immune system improves:

Sexual hormones in HIV-infected patients: the influence of antiretroviral therapy

Get your hormones checked again in 6 months and let us know how they are. I think you are highly committed to your health and will most probably be pleasantly surprised after months on HIV treatment. Just make sure that your estradiol is checked since that is a hormone we do not want to have in excess of what we need as males.

Nelson

CD4 of 41 and Weight training
probiotic yogurt