Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

primobolan and hiv
Jun 13, 2013

Hi Mr. Vergel

I have long been wanting to get into shape. I was diagnosed with hiv/aids in 2008 with cd 4 150 and viral load of 70.000

I've been very inspired by your videos and advice on The Body.

Currently I'm still quite strong but suffering a little bit with Kidneys on Atripla. Creatinine 1.3

My Cd 4 last week was at 700 and undetectable VR.

I have seriously started thinking about taking up bodybuilding now at the age of 43 and have read that PRIMOBOLAN might be one of the safer Human growth hormones to take.

I have the time to train everyday for 2 to 3 hours. Is this HGH one that you think might be safe for me to take to start building some real muscle.

Thanks for your time

Frank

Response from Mr. Vergel

Primobolan is not approved by the FDA in the United States. There is some good data on its effects on lean body mass, however. But the non prescription use of this compound will be illegal in this country.

Be careful not to load your kidneys with creatine supplements if your creatinine clearance is under 70. Calculate it here: Creatinine Clearance (Cockcroft-Gault Equation)

You may be working out too much, so be careful not to overtrain:

Nelson Vergel's Time-Saving Tips to Maximize the Benefits of Exercise

Also, try to follow these suggestions on food:

Outsmarting HIV With Healthy Eating

Only a few doctors in the United States still prescribe anabolics or growth hormone for HIV+ patients (it was more common back in the 90's when we had wasting syndrome). Growth hormone (Serostim) is approved for those who have lost 10 percent or more of their weight unintentionally. Oxandrolone (Oxandrin- an oral anabolic steroid) is approved for the treatment of illness related weight loss. Old Article: Anabolic Steroids: A Practical Guide

There are lots of ways to lean out and build muscle without extra hormones. If you do decide to use them with or without doctor supervision, make sure you read a lot to avoid costly mistakes. I hope my free book is good for harm reduction for those who decide to do that:

Built to Survive

Nelson

Previous
mass recovery
Next
Atripla, joint pain, fatigue, and headaches ....

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.