Almost ready for starting meds... last question

Dear Nelson,

I wrote before and I Always appreciated your answers. These were Always helpful. My status did not realy change I am still HIV positive (almost 3 years now) and My CD4 count is 1185 with a viral load of 1090.

Since i followed Karri Stokely in her fight against the AIDS machine, I made up my own strategy. I decided to stay off MEDS as long as I could and after that take life as it is and then see how long I would survive. Now I might be ready to change my strategy if i am sure the right MEDS are there.

If I would start MEDS in this stage in which I am still ok, what would be the ligtest drug that could be effective. With lightest I mean: - Smallest side effect that would disturb my daily life - Smallest side effect that would disturb or in the long run distroy my fatal organs

There is so many to read on MEDS but nowhere I can find an answer to these 2 questions which are crucial for me to realy make the step.

Hope you can help again!

Warmest Regards, Jules Vreede

Jules

You are probably an elite controller, as you well know it. Emerging data show that even elite controllers have strong immune activation and elevated inflammatory responses. HIV antiretroviral treatment seems to improve them: Antiretrovials Reduce Cellular Inflammation Among Elite Controllers of HIV

The study I linked used raltegravir plus Truvada, probably the most side effect friendly combination for which we have long term data. The only drawback, if you can call it that, is that raltegravir has to be taken twice a day. No food restrictions apply.

Nelson

hipogonadismo
mi nuevo tratamiento