GLUCOSE, FASTING

Hey Doc...

I have been + now for 30 years. Currently healthy per say, with a few aches and pains as we all have in getting older.

I keep getting a 99 in my glucose reading from Kaiser, being 99 as the High reading for a normal test as they read this!

GLUCOSE, FASTING 99 70 - 99 mg/dL

Is there anything I can do to get this at a more acceptable level? And is this putting me at risk for diabetes??

Currently undetectable and all other counts are normal, or slightly above normal...and CD4 count is

CD3+CD4+ (685)Now) Normal Range: 428 - 1401 /CUMM undetectable...VL

Now starting to have nerve issues as I get older...but not real severe during the day when I am moving around and such, but when I sit for long periods of time I notice neuropathy pains now in later years, all over my body at any given time, spider pains that hit my hands, or feet sometimes knees, and then within seconds disappear?? Anything I can help with this other than going on a neuropathy drug? My experience with HIV over the past 30 years the less you take the more your body tends to fight it off.

I would not worry too much about a glucose of 99. Just make sure you are consuming at least 30 grams of fiber per day, low sugar and processed carbohydrates, protein in every meal, and good fats (olive, fish oils).

I would ask your doctor to refer you to a neurologist to ensure that you have no nerve related issues. If you are not taking stavudine or DDI and your glucose is not high, it may not be neuropathy.

Nelson

changing meds
My name is Tina