Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

PRECURSORES DE TESTOSTERONES Y VIH
May 26, 2013

Hi Nelson, my name is fredd I write from Mexico, by the following: - for one year and four months I was diagnosed as Zero +, dede then take ARVs, I'm taking ATRIPLA (Efavirenz, Emtricitabine and Tenofovir) take one capsule per day . and I remained undetectable, I have about 10 years of doing weight exercise, I have never taken anything from protein, and Anabolic ... but I want start taking some precursor of testosterone (I have recommended the AXIS-HT or ANIMAL PM), I am a man of 36 years, currently weigh 96 kgs. workout 4 or 5 times a week 1 hour per day. My question is, if testosterone precursors stand with Antiretroviral drugs? or you may have some effect against my HIV treatment. Also buy your book would love for testosterone, sold in Mexico? thanks for your help. a big hug. ---------------------------------------------------------- Hola Nelson, mi nombre es fredd te escribo desde Mexico, por lo siguiente:- desde hace un año y 4 meses que fui diagnosticado como Cero+, desde entonces tomo Antiretrovirales, estoy tomando ATRIPLA (Efavirenz,Emtricitabina y Tenofovir)tomo una capsula por dia. y me he mantenido como indetectable, tengo aproximadamente 10 años haciendo ejercicio de pesas, nunca he tomado nada de proteina, ni anabolicos... pero quiciera empezar a tomar algun precursor de testosterona ( me han recomendado el AXIS-HT o el ANIMAL PM ), soy un hombre de 36 años, actualmente peso 96 kgs. entreno 4 o 5 veces por semana 1 hora por dia. Mi pregunta es, si los precursores de testosterona no se interponen con los medicamentos Antirretrovirales?? o si puede haber algun efecto contra mi tratamiento de VIH. Tambien quiciera comprar tu libro de la testosterona, lo venden en Mexico? gracias por tu ayuda. un fuerte abrazo.

Response from Mr. Vergel

Do not take any of those supplements that claim to increase testosterone. They are bogus, not proven by research in humans (most data is in rats), can elevate liver enzymes and decrease kidney function. If you think you have low testosterone, talk to your doctor about getting a blood test to measure it.

There are natural ways to increase testosterone by 20-30%. You may want to read this article: How to Increase T Naturally

Nelson

Previous
dhea supplementation and testosterone
Next
Can AIDS affect your heart?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.