Houston support groups

Hello Mr. Vergel,

I understand you reside here in Houston, TX. Are there any suport groups that you can recommend for someone recently diagnoised as positive? My husband just found out he is HIV positive earlier this year. He is dealing with it ok but at times I really feel he could use someone to talk to who is going through the same thing. I try my best but sometimes feel he holds much of it inside. Thanks, Kim

You can call Legacy Community Health Services and the Montrose Counseling Center. They can give you more information about support groups.

another place that has a support group (gay and straight people attend) is one managed by Bering Support Network. I go to lecture there once in a while:

Bering Support Group

Support groups are great places to exchange health information and also feel that you are not alone in your struggle. But be careful if he is not ready for it since some people are afraid to share during the first months of grieving due to a new diagnosis.

Nelson

super combo hormonal
Underwight and Frustrated