Marijuana and my meds

Hello mr Vergel! I hope you are doing great! I'm on Lamivudine, Abacabir, Atazanavir and Ritonavir. I take all pills once daily. I smoke marijuana sometimes. About 3 times a week. I would like to know if there is any interaction from my meds with marijuana, would that be ok? Would that affect my meds? meal. I would like to know if there's specific food that I should be taking my meds with, and if there's any food that I should never take along with my meds. Is it better to take the meds before or after the meal? Thank you so much in advance!

The following statement was taken from this report: Interactions Between Recreational Drugs and Antiretroviral Agents

"Considering the widespread use of smoked and oral THC derivatives for appetite stimulation and control of nausea and vomiting, and the lack of reports documenting deleterious effects secondary to the combination of THC and PIs, a clinically significant drug interaction may not exist when THC is used in moderate amounts."

Studies referenced in this paper show a small decrease in blood levels of unboosted protease inhibitors no longer used (indinavir and nelfinavir). I have not seen data on boosted protease inhibitors but can infer that boosting provides even more protection against lowering PI blood levels.

You can eat whatever you want with your medications. Just make sure that you do not take stomach acid lowering drugs with Atanazavir. Concurrent Use of Atazanavir and Acid-Lowering Medications

Nelson

SUPLEMENTOS INDUCTORES AL INCREMENTO DE LA TETOSTERONA
Are there alternatives to protease inhibitors?