lipodystrophy- specifically added fat around neck

hello I have alot of xtra fat around my neck -very noticable -i only recently past 2 yrs changed meds to atripla - have been trying to get medicare or any Dr. to do something to help with my appearance- im only 5.6 144 lbs and my neck looks like i weigh about 300 lbs- i wont go out in public only to Drs appts. really need some guidance on how to get this issue dealt with and how do i find out if medicare will help pay for a procedure.

I am so sorry to hear that you had enlargement of your neck size.

Make sure you talk to your doctor about checking your hormones (testosterone, thyroid, cortisol) and also your glucose tolerance to determine if you have any hormonal issues or impaired glucose tolerance that may predispose you to gaining fat. There are treatments to improve both issues.

You also may want to read this old article. Ultrasound liposuction has been useful in people with your problem. Insurance pays if your doctor justifies it due to neck pain or sleep apnea issues, not for cosmetic purposes.

Here is an article that mentions Dr Romano in San Francisco. He may be able to tell you who in your area can do this procedure:

Banishing Chipmunk Cheeks and Bullfrog Neck

Please let me know how it goes!

Nelson

Es malo usar poppers con truvada y iseentres?
Thank You Nelson,Isentress resistance.