Pioglitazone

Hello, Nelson!

I went to an endocrinologist today, and in order to attempt to reverse lipodystrophy he prescribed Pioglitazone.

But I'm afraid of taking it, so, before I do, I would like to hear what you have to say about it.

I would love to regain fat on my limbs, but I don't wish to gain more fat on the chest and abs.

I'll be very thankful if you could help me with this.

Thanks a lot in advance!

There is some compelling data that show pioglitazone increases fat under the skin in persons who have lost it due to lipoatrophy. However, this drug can also increase visceral fat in some. The subcutaneous fat increase is not noticeable by most patients even after 48 weeks.

Some other studies also show increased cardiovascular risk with this drug.

I am not crazy about its off label use for non diabetic patients with HIV related lipoatrophy.

It is ultimately up to you to try it out. You may be one of the few patients with noticeable improvements in lipoatrophy!

Nelson

androgel y monitoreo
Poppers & Kaposi Sarcoma