Hiv and Low T

Hi Everyone.My husband was diagnosed in 1996.He is 56 years young and in decent physical shape.He is resistant to Sustiva Viramune Epivir Emtriva The following meds have been tried but made him very sick so were discontinued. Kaletra Norvir Prezista. He is currently on Viread,Retrovir since 2010 and in 2012 Isentress was added. I am concerned with him taking the Retrovir (AZT). I went with him to the clinic last week and we had blood draw for genome since the last one was done 3 years ago,mutations then were as follows NNRTI mutation summary 103N 225H

NRTI mutation summary 184V

PI mutation summary 13V 63P 77I

He is also Hep.B positive.Infected late 70's early 1980. His numbers in november are as follows 2300 copies by pcr cd4 961 27% 90 copies earlier in the year in june after starting the Isentress. He recently had all his teeth pulled and dentures are in place. I don't know what to do or what meds may work for him.He is seen at a community health clinic and he gets his meds through the state.Any one have any suggestions?He is unable to get an erection and has absolutely no desire for sex and has not had sex in many years.I am going to save some money up and get his testosterone checked.I feel like it may give him some energy and maybe make him feel better.Other med he takes are Lisinipril and procardia for hypertension Prozac for depression. Thank you all for this group and for helping us navigate this road together, Blessings, CandyO

NRTI mutation summary 184V

PI mutation summary 13V 63P 77I

NRTI mutation summary 184V

PI mutation summary 13V 63P 77I

i Everyone.My husband was diagnosed in 1996.He is 56 years young and in decent physical shape.He is resistant to Sustiva Viramune Epivir Emtriva The following meds have been tried but made him very sick so were discontinued. Kaletra Norvir Prezista. He is currently on Viread,Retrovir since 2010 and in 2012 Isentress was added. I am concerned with him taking the Retrovir (AZT). I went with him to the clinic last week and we had blood draw for genome since the last one was done 3 years ago,mutations then were as follows NNRTI mutation summary 103N 225H

NRTI mutation summary 184V

PI mutation summary 13V 63P 77I

NRTI mutation summary 184V

PI mutation summary 13V 63P 77I

AZT can cause certain metabolic issues and fatigue. Talk to his doctor about getting his testosterone blood levels checked. Also, talk to him/her about the possibility to replace AZT with another HIV medication. Some people cannot switch away from AZT since they have few options, however.

His CD4 cells are very good. I am concerned that his viral load is not under 50 copies/ml, which may predispose him to develop resistance to Isentress. There will be a new integrase inhibitor approved soon in the US called dolutegravir, by the way. This new drug can help some patients with Isentress resistance.

The antidepressant and blood pressure medications are important but they can cause sexual dysfunction even in men with "normal" blood levels of testosterone. Daily low dose Cialis (5-10 mg) may help those patients to improve erectile function. Total testosterone blood levels above 500 ng/dl may also enhance the effect of oral erectile dysfunction drugs. Testosterone replacement options like injections or gels can help accomplish that in men with low testosterone.

Please let us know how things go.

Nelson

why wont the feds fund this for us
Adherence