Feeling Like I have the Flu After Exercising

I have a question that my doctors can't seem to answer. I've been HIV+ for three years and my counts are all good. My viral load is suppressed and my CD4 is in the 700's. I just started working out and each time I do I feel like I have the flu for about 4-5 days after the workout. I feel feverish but don't have a fever. I also have complete body aches (not like the aches you would have from lifting weights), but feeling exactly like I have the flu. This happens every time I workout.

I'm currently taking Isentress twice a day and Truvada, once a day. Do you have any explanations as to why I would feel this way? Thank you.

You may be experiencing overtraining and/or increased CPK levels that may make you feel "feverish" without a fever. Try to do lighter work outs and space them out until you feel less of this effect.

I take isentress and also have this problem since my CPK runs about 800 (and it increases dramatically if I work out frequently)

These are the problems that high CPK can cause: Risk of elevated CPK

Talk to your doctor about measuring your CPK specially when you feel that way. There is not much we can do except switching from Isentress, but we have no data on what happens to CPK when someone switches away from Isentress to other drugs like boosted Reyataz.

Nelson

Muscle gain
osteoarthritis