Testosterone Recovery (PCT)

Hi Nelson. I was on TRT a few years ago. When I first started, all was well, great muscle tone, reduced body fat, normal sex drive lasted about a year. However after a year....I noticed that it just was not working anymore. I lost muscle tone, regained body fat and lost my sex drive. I stopped using the Androgel completely because it just was not working. I have been off of it for over a year. My sex drive has never returned. Would a Post cycle therapy type of program help? My current test levels are @ 580 ng/dl b, my free test is also in the normal range so not sure what the problem is. I tried topical Formestane and it seemed to help a little....not much.

Not sure why the Androgel stopped working, do you need to take higher and higher doses of the Androgel for it to work? Any input would be helpful. Thank you.

At 580 ng/dl of total testosterone, your body is managing OK. However, not knowing what your normal levels were when you had good sex drive makes it difficult to say anything else. Many doctors will refuse to prescribe testosterone at that level.

If would be nice to know what your free testosterone is, along with estradiol and DHEA-S to provide a more complete picture. Thyroid hormone levels can also influence sex drive. Talk to your doctor about this.

There are many factors involved in having desire for sex and a strong erection. Proper testosterone level in the blood is just one of them.

If you do not sleep well (not enough hours, sleep apnea or restless sleep), drink too much alcohol, do street drugs, have depression or too much stress, lack passion with your sex partner, have a hectic life, take blood pressure medications, take blood thinners, have prostatic issues, have high body fat and other issues, sex drive and erectile function may be impaired even with adequate testosterone blood levels. So many competing factors to a good sex life!

A post cycle protocol will not really help you since your current testosterone is OK. A low daily dose of 5- 10 mg of Cialis can wake up someone's sex drive by making it easier to be self aware of a fuller penis and easier arousal. You can get a free 30 day supply at cialis.com by printing a coupon and taking it to a pharmacy along with your doctor's prescription.

Please let me know if I can be of further help.

Nelson

Lipodystrophy
My bladder and kidneys and prostrate wrecking havic