Water and HIV

I noticed that the county water report says that our drinking water is very good, but suggests that further inquiry is needed if you HIV. Concerned about the safety of my water, I contacted the water company. They were unable to give me an answer about the safety of the water and suggested I contact my physician. Unfortunately, my physician didn't have an answer and referred me back to the water company. I am concerned because I remember reading about the Cryptosporidium outbreak in the 1990's that claimed the lives of 50 people. I have been drinking Poland Spring for years because of this concern. Do you have any suggestions for filtering my water? Should I purchase a system that uses osmosis or radiation to filter my water? Are there any risks with any of these options? Are there any other options for filtering my water? Thanks.

Safe water is very important for everyone, specially those with low CD4 cell counts. Filters that include activated carbon plus ozone or ultraviolet light can remove most chemicals, organics and pathogens. Boiling water can also kill pathogens.

We have strong clean water standards in the US and I do not believe that most HIV+ people doing well do not need extra filtration.

There is some more information here and other sources:

water filter buying guide

In health,

Nelson

CHRONIC INVERTED RATIO HIV NEG
Testosterone Dosing