Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

CHRONIC INVERTED RATIO HIV NEG
Jan 17, 2013

A little summary: In may 2009 I had a contact with a woman supossed HIV+ (contact of breast milk in my mouth), I had a severe symptoms for a month: febers, diarrhea, swollen nodes, etc, etc, etc. I had several negative elisa but 14 months post risk i had a positive quick test, but then, several negative elisa again (the last one was 2.5 years post risk) I hava a negative DNA proviral too and an undetectable PCR 9 months post risk.

I have measured my CD4 count for almost 3 years. This is more or less my record:

april 2010 511 (29%) Jul 2010 686 (28%) Oct 2010 520 (24%) cd4/cd8 0.62 Jan 2011 665 (24%) Apr 2011 775 (28%) Oct 2011 594 (30%) march 2012 716 (31%) Dec 2012 (today) 594 (28%) cd4/cd8 0.75

I dont know what happen the worst is that the doctor neither,

Its obvious that I had something, Logically I have tested for other virus but the test are negatives.

Please Help me to analize, i dont need encoraugement, I need only other objetive viewpoint.

Its important to say that my health is really bad, I am always ill, herpes, swollen nodes, recurrent flus, recurrents diarrheas, eyes infections, etc.

Thanks for your time.

Response from Mr. Vergel

Obviously it is not HIV. I would go to an immunologist, although your CD4 cells are pretty much normal for a HIV negative person.

If you have recurrent herpes outbreaks, talk to your doctor about staying on acyclovir for life. Herpes outbreaks activate the immune system and with time may decrease immunity. At least you can tackle one out of your list.

Your physician can run a comprehensive stool analysis, hormonal profile, and other tests that can help him or her evaluate your health.

Nelson

Previous
VL went from undetectable to 51
Next
Water and HIV

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.