testosterone

my husband just found out that he has low T. we was woundering what caused him to stop making it ? when they did his blood work it was 110 and last friday they tested it in the moring still waiting on the results from it.

How old is he?

There are many reasons for decreased blood levels of testosterone in men, some known and some unknown:

1- Disease 2- Age 3- Excessive alcohol and drug use 4- Certain medications like corticoid steroids, anabolic steroids, Tagamet, Nizoral, prostate cancer drugs, Accutane, Proscar, Propecia, and others. 5- Lack of good sleep 6- Lab error 7- Liver problems that make testosterone convert to estradiol 8- Thyroid problems 9- Stress 10- Testicular dysfunction 10- Issues in the hypothalamus or pituitary glands 11- Genetics (for those born with mutations that do not allow their testicles to produce testosterone).

Etc, etc

Only a complete hormone and metabolic work up can pinpoint the root cause.

I hope he has a local doctor to treat him.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Nelson

Sube la Carga y los CD4 / esteroides
Reyataz & Truvada, doctor wants to add Norvir