Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Nutrition and ExerciseNutrition and Exercise

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Just infected and should i use supplement to maintain health?
Jan 2, 2013

Dear Nelson,

How are you and nice seeing you fit and cheerful~! I'm newly infected a month and confirmed diagnosed with PCR test positive. Question is, I'm still having the newly infected effect, low fever, pain groin and joints. Should I start supplement like olive extract and anti-oxidant pine bark pills to boost the immune system during sero? Is olive extract have contains to suppress the virus in natural way?

Thanks for taking time to answer my question and god bless all!

Regards tay

Response from Mr. Vergel

I am glad that you are reaching out early in your healing process!

I would not start anything but HIV medications recommended by your doctor. I would also watch this video that I made for people like you:

Newly HIV+?

I also have a few others here: More videos from Nelson

Please do not hesitate to email me if you have more questions. One of our main goals at thebody.com is to minimize the anxiety produced by a new diagnosis and all that it entails. You can live a healthy and long life with HIV, specially if you educate yourself as you seem to be doing right now.

In health,

Nelson Vergel

Previous
Saludos desde Mexico DF.
Next
Eating Charcoal OMG is this normal?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.